Monday, May 20, 2013

38 Weeks!

It is refreshing to know that this baby can make his appearance at any moment!  However, I also have the nagging thought in the back of my head that I could, potentially, be pregnant for four more weeks!  4...more...weeks!!!!  At this point, that would feel like beyond forever!  I'm not even sure if I can physically/mentally make it for the next two weeks.  Luckily, I only have one more day of work (technically one hour and fifteen minutes).  Then I can be home until the baby comes and all summer and all first term of the next school year.  Technically, I could be home even longer than that, but I have decided, for now, to return to work for two days a week in January.  This will give Hannes a chance to stay home with the baby for a while too.




Even though I have been trying to rush these last few weeks, or last eight weeks, there are some things I will miss about being pregnant.

1. Elastic waist bands - It is rather awesome to not have to button/zip/snap your pants.  Plus, you can eat as much as you want and you never have to worry that your pants will get too tight!
2. A giant belly that always, always hides your food baby!  Nothing like using a real baby to conceal the fact that you ate way too much.
3. Sitting around with my belly out.  This belly likes to breathe!  90% of the time when I am at home my pants are pulled down and my shirt is pulled up and this belly just hangs out in all its glory.  Somehow, it seems more comfortable and the baby seems less aggravated when there are no clothes constricting his movements.
4. Having an excuse to not lift anything, tie my shoes, take off my pants, shave my legs - like I could even see them anymore! - vacuum...really anything I don't feel like doing.  Hannes has been a trooper with housework, but he always has been.


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I was having the exact same thought as I pulled on my stretchy maternity shorts yesterday, glorious! I'd add: "always being offered a seat on public transit" to my list. And that nobody says a thing when I eat cookies for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete