Monday, May 13, 2013

37 Weeks! Full Term Baby!

The moment I have been waiting for...full term!  This baby can now safely come at any moment!  So exciting!!!  Although, I hope he waits until next weekend because I really need to be at work until the end of this week.  This is also my last official full week at work for years.  That is something else to be truly excited about!



I know I have been rushing the end of this pregnancy, but two weekends ago I was talking to my sister, Jessie, on Skype.  I mentioned how ready I was to have this baby and get my body back...basically just not be pregnant anymore!  She said that she wished that she had cherished her last weeks of pregnancy more and not been in a rush to meet Ellie Grace.  That really got me thinking.  I may have a hard time sleeping because of Baby B's hiccups and break dancing into the wee hours of the morning, but at least I can just lay there, in quiet.  I don't have to worry about a crying baby or breastfeeding or changing poopy diapers.  I also feel that we have gotten into a rhythm.  We have a schedule and I can, kind of, anticipate the more active times of the day.  I can prepare for the rib kicks and punches to my cervix.  I'm ready for the rolling and elbowing in my side.  I actually think that I might miss some of these private, internal moments that we share.  Sometimes, I really can't believe that in a few weeks we will have a baby!  The reality hasn't fully sunk in yet.




Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I agree about cherishing those last weeks! I was so crabby that I was a week late and so anxious and tired of being pregnant, that I didn't really take time to appreciate the quiet moments or do anything for myself. Especially because 8 months later I still don't feel like I have my body back...
    I can't wait to see him though! I'm hoping for a full head of red hair. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete