Wednesday, October 9, 2013

4 Months Old!

I cannot believe it's already been 4 months!  But I also can't imagine a time where Henry didn't exist in our family.  He really is the happiest, sweetest baby ever.  Every day I'm amazed that I get to be his Mommy.  I am so not ready for him to grow up!



He is just the perfect amount of chunky and bald!  

Stats:

Length: 24.7 inches
Weight: 15. 4 pounds
Head Circumference: 16.5 inches

He is pretty much average in all categories.  His length is just a little below average, but I figured that was coming.  I am 5'2" on a good day and Hannes is 5'8" on a good day.  We're just hoping he ends up, at least, as tall as Hannes!  


What Henry's been up to:
This is going to be long!  Henry has changed so much during the last month!  It is so crazy!!!  He loves to laugh and getting kiss tickled on his neck and under his arms.  One of his favorite things is standing in your lap.  He is getting so wiggly that it can be hard to hold him sometimes.  He definitely loves to be able to look around and he loves going places where there is a lot to look at...like IKEA!  He also loves to jump.  Here's an adorable video of Hannes and him playing.




Anything that touches his hand or that he can reach he grabs and then, usually, tries to put it in his mouth.  He can now reach his friends on his play gym and he loves grabbing them and yelling at them.





He may have rolled over from his back to his stomach.  The story is a little unreliable, Tyler is the only true witness and it has yet to happen again.  I was in the kitchen making some coffee and I left Henry on his back and when I returned he was on his stomach and Tyler was next to him.  Ty says that Henry flipped himself over, but since he hasn't done it again...I think Tyler may have given him a little nudge.  He can go from stomach to back no problem, though.  





Also, when he's on his stomach he really gets those legs going like he wants to crawl.  I have a feeling that he's going to be a super active baby and I'm going to be in trouble!!!  He can already scoot himself around on his back so I've been trying to remember to keep a better eye on him and keep anything he can't have away from him!






He's also amazing at figuring things out.  It took him about two minutes flat to figure out how to get his toy bus to play music.  Then he spent the next ten minutes pushing it over and over again so it would play music.  He also likes trying to eat it.






I know I may be partial, but I really think Henry is a baby genius.  It takes him absolutely no time to figure things out.  Unless it's how to blow raspberries...he's been working on that for weeks!  He always wants me to do it and tries to copy me, but usually just ends up spitting everywhere.  Sometimes he gets it, but he can't figure out how to do it at will.  Today, when I went to change his diaper I played peek a boo with him with his pants.  I did it twice and then he started to do it himself!  He would cover his face and then pull his pants off of his face.  I really don't think there's much this little guy can't do!




*Sorry about the obnoxious sound on this video.  I know my voice is crazy annoying, but Henry seems to like it!



What Mommy's been up to:
I have attempted to start exercising again.  (aka.  I have run twice, once last month and last night)  I am going to try to make it a habit.  I find myself constantly complaining about my body and how my clothes fit (or don't fit) and my lack of clothing that fits, and then in the same breath talk about how I shouldn't be complaining because I am doing NOTHING about it.  So, I'm going to start doing something about it.  It's just so hard because I am always here alone with Henry and can't jog with the stroller we have and we definitely don't need to buy another stroller.  I just have to get myself motivated and run when Hannes gets home from practice, at 8 o'clock at night.  I really thought this weight loss would come more easily.  I really didn't gain that much weight during my pregnancy (about 30 pounds) and I don't eat that badly and I am breast feeding.  I guess my body just really likes these extra 10 pounds.  

Henry's sleeping habits are hit or miss.  For a week he was sleeping 5 hours in a row during the night and now he's back to not sleeping through the night.  Also, he's growing...at least I think so...because sometimes he wants to eat every hour!  My nipples are almost as sore, if not more, than they were when he was first born.  He's still sleeping with us most of the night.  We put him to bed in his own bed and when he wakes up to eat he comes to sleep in our bed and then stays there the rest of the night.  I really like co-sleeping.  I have read a lot of articles that are both for and against it, but my philosophy is that you do whatever works for your and your family and this works for us.  I find that I am more restless and don't sleep as well when Henry's in his bed.  I am always listening for him.  (Especially lately.  He's had this nose cold thing going on.  His nose gets so dry and crusty and full of boogers and it's hard for him to breathe.  Sometimes, he can't really breathe and sounds like a pig.)  I'm also lazy about staying awake during those middle of the night feedings and would much rather get him latched on and then go back to sleep.


Tyler and Emily really enjoy having Henry around.  I'm sure they'll be even happier when he's a little older and can do more things.  I know I'm ready for him to be able to go to the park and swing and do stuff!



And now just to brag a little.  Today, when we were at the nurse, she made a comment about how every time Henry looks at me he smiles.  She made it sound like not all babies do that with their Moms. I know he loves me, but maybe it's more than just a normal how babies love their Moms kind of love.  Which is awesome!  And, lastly, a few weeks ago I was at my work visiting with Henry.  A coworker and I were talking and he said that he had been talking to someone else about kids (he has 1 year old twins) and they told him if he needed any parenting tips to talk to me because I have three amazing kids!  Wow!  I was so happy to hear that!  I have found that if you want to have great children it's a lot of work and usually requires you to punish yourself.  I mean, grounding your kid from a sleepover is really a punishment for you.




Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    I just answered your comment on my blog -sorry for the really late answer!
    I post it here as well :) Cheers -for you and your baby!

    Swedish wife:
    Sorry for the really late answer!

    Well, your decreases seems to be totally in accordance to the pattern -but maybe you made a bigger hat than in the pattern? If you added repeats of the scallop pattern it makes sense that you ended up with more stitches than expected.

    If so, I Think you found a good solution just by finishing with 8 stitches instead :). If you prefer you may also ad an extra row of *K2tog* to get fewer stitches Before pulling the yarn through.

    ReplyDelete