Sunday, September 15, 2013

Finally!

About a month ago I finished a really special crochet project.  One of my oldest friends, Brandy, is pregnant with her first baby.  A little girl named Charlotte who is due in November.  She put some pictures of her bedding up on her blog.



The very next day I was at the yarn store!  I knew I wanted to crochet something for baby Charlotte.  I decided on a crib size blanket using this pattern from People Webs.




This pattern is worked with two strands of yarn held together so the end result is a chunky, warm blanket.  I love this pattern for a little girl.  It reminds me of a flower.  I think it should be warm for a winter baby.  Since I had to buy two skeins of yarn of each color I had some yarn left over after I finished this blanket.  You remember the lamb hat I crocheted for Henry...I used some of this extra yarn.  Then the yarn just kept staring at me and taunting me to make something else.  So, I did!  I made a smaller, stroller size blanket for baby Charlotte.  I used this ripple pattern from Attic 24.  It's a great size for a stroller or the car seat or laying on the couch on a rainy day.




Sorry Charlee, Henry tested out your blanket!  It was Henry approved!  Look at that excited arm...he can barely keep it still.  I hope baby Charlotte enjoys these blankets as much as I enjoyed making them!







Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Julie - I am so overwhelmed that you made these blankets for Baby Charlotte! It was very thoughtful of you to make them and ship them all the way over here in time for my baby shower. I especially loved the note you wrote and even folded it how we use to pass notes in middle school and part of high school (How did you remember how to do that?). That brought back some really special memories I have of you and our friendship that started way back when I was 9 years old in 5th grade! Thanks again and you did an amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete