Thursday, March 14, 2013

Uh oh...

Baby B had his second trip to the hospital today.  The first trip was for the ultrasound.  The second trip was because his Dad broke his nose!  On Tuesday, during soccer practice, Hannes got elbowed in the nose.  He heard a crack, was pretty sure it was broken and spent some time in the ER.  He went back today to have it looked at.  They weren't sure what to do because the swelling had been pretty bad on Tuesday.  They decided they were going to try to straighten it out.  That involved a little bit of what I like to call, "porcupine nose".


Apparently, all of those sticks contained numbing cream so the "popping back in" wouldn't hurt so bad.  He sat around like that for about an hour before the doctor came back to take care of business.  I waited outside during the fixing part, but Hannes said it hurt pretty badly.  I believe him!  This is what he looked like afterwards.


Notice that the smile is gone.  That yoghurt drink was the first thing he had to eat or drink since before bedtime on Wednesday.  He had to fast just in case they had to put him under for surgery.

Another exciting thing happened this week...I made it to 29 weeks and got a major haircut!  I was planning on having Emily take another picture of me, but things got crazy on Tuesday night and it just never happened.  So, you're stuck with a picture I took of myself in the bedroom mirror.  I know, everyone is getting tired of these, at least I am, but what can you do?


The belly seems to have doubled overnight.  Baby B is getting big and strong and his kicks and punches can be seen from the outside!  It's fun for the whole family, but I am not enjoying it so much.  I'm really looking forward to week 31 because then the weeks left will be in the single digits!  Yay!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment