Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Of course...

My only plans for last weekend were to prepare my documents for my interview at the consulate.  I put everything in my car on Saturday, just so, you know, I wouldn't forget them.  I have a tendency to forget things: underwear on vacations, my driver's license on a trip to Vegas (Note:  you can do NOTHING in Vegas without a license proving you're 21!), once I even left for work and forgot to put on shoes.  So, this step was very important...I did not want to forget anything!  The day went by quickly today; although, Hannes forgot to remind me that I needed to leave work for my interview this afternoon (I told you I was forgetful!).  I did remember the interview and as I was leaving and driving to Clayton I began to get nervous.  Like really nervous, like poop my pants nervous and that's when I remembered.  THE PASSPORTS!!!  I forgot the passports!  I was too scared to call because I thought she might cancel the interview.  I decided not to mention it unless she brought it up.

The actual interview went well.  No crazy questions about scars or toothbrushes or favorite pencils.  Although, Hannes should know mine...dixon ticonderoga, of course!  She said she'd call if she needed to see my passport and I left feeling much better about the whole situation.  We should have some answers within the next few months.


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh I remember when you forgot your ID! I never heard the story about the shoes...Tara did that too, at a job interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh yes, I too remember the time in Vegas sans ID. We got through it, met Charles Barkley...no big deal.

    ReplyDelete