Tuesday, August 20, 2013

10 Weeks Old!

Time is really flying!  I really have some mixed emotions about my baby being 10 weeks old.  On one hand, I am excited that he's finally starting to get "fun" and I can't wait until he grows into more of a human being and quits being this eating, sleeping, pooping, spitting up machine.  I know these days are fleeting and I am trying to enjoy every moment, but he can be a little boring sometimes.  If I'm going to be home alone all the time I really need a partner in crime!  On the other hand, I kind of enjoy this sack of potatoes phase.  I can set him down anywhere and he has no choice but to stay.  He's started grabbing and can get into a little bit of trouble (like when he grabbed my bowl of soup on the table and spilled it all over me and the floor!) but nothing too crazy.  We don't have to worry about cords or breakables or the bookshelf or anything like that...yet!  I don't have to keep my eyes on him every second and that is pretty relaxing.






Stats:
Henry is still growing like a weed!  He is now 13 pounds 6 oz and 23.5 inches long.  It's crazy how fast they grow in the first few months!  He has already outgrown 2 sizes of clothes!

What Henry's doing:
This poor little guy is still trying to figure out how to suck his thumb.  He tries so hard, but it just isn't happening for him.  He does suck on his hand a lot now and it creates a lot of drool!  Last night, we put him in his bed and he lost his elephant (his pacifier/binky) and we could hear him being kind of fussy, but nothing major so we just left him in there.  He was clearly sucking on his hand and about 15 minutes later when Hannes went in to get him he was covered in drool!  His head was wet, his arm was wet, the bed was wet...pretty much everything was wet!  I have a feeling that by the time he figures it out he won't want to suck his thumb anymore.  Henry also talks A LOT!  He really does his best to mimic what you say.  I swear he really knows how to say some things.  You can really hear him say hi, uh oh, owl, ugla (owl in Swedish - but that might be a stretch because it could be ugly).  He also does a great job of copying voice inflections.  When I say I love you to him he can mimic the vocal patterns, but can't actually pronounce the words.  I have been trying so hard to get a video of him doing this, but like all kids, he stops as soon as the camera is rolling!  So frustrating!  He really is the most adorable, sweetest baby ever!  He's also started sleeping longer at night...FINALLY!  The last 3 nights he has gone to bed at 11, woken at 1 to eat and then woken up again around 6/6:30!




What Mommy's doing:
Sleeping more...FINALLY!  I didn't feel sleep deprived at all until around week 7 and the last few weeks have been killer!  I don't know if it's because Emily and Tyler are home and I have to be more "on" or if the short periods of sleep just caught up with me.  It is hard to wake up every 2-3 hours all night long for 7 weeks straight, but I am happy that I am finally getting 5 hours straight of sleep!  I met with my midwife last week for my 8 week postpartum check up (it was a little late) and everything was great!  We mainly talked about the delivery and how I'm feeling now.  I got some birth control.  I'm still up about 9 pounds, but I'm not really rushing or trying to lose the weight.  The only exercise I get these days is walking and that's okay with me.  I've also signed up to do a mommy and baby class at the health center.  I am exciting about trying to speak/learn more Swedish and to meet other Mom's with babies the same age as Henry.  I know that I'm going to start feeling very lonely and secluded now that Hannes is back to work full-time and the kids are in school all day.  Plus, it's going to be winter soon and dark all day and night.  I need something to get me out of the house!




Tyler is still just as obsessed with Henry as ever!  Those guys just kill me.  Tyler really knows how to get a smile on Henry's face!  I have a feeling that they're going to be best buds and really get into some trouble.  Emily's also coming around and really enjoying Henry.  She is so helpful with him and is even volunteering to hold him!  I think she's less nervous now that he's older.  I still need to get a picture of them together, or all 3 of them or all 5 of us!



And here's more cute pictures of Henry!  He just kills me and that smile melts my heart!


He has the hardest time keeping his hands still for pictures!




Thanks to my friend, Amanda, Henry has this adorable blanket to snuggle with during those chilly, rainy days!  Amanda has also been teaching me how to knit.  She has the patience of an angel!  I'm not great, but I can do the 2 basic stitches - knit and purl - and I'm just going to keep practicing!  I think it will be a long time before I can make anything that beautiful!







Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment