Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Post That Shouldn't Be...

This post should be about newborns.  Small fingers and toes.  Umbilical cord stumps.  Labor.  Instead, it's another pregnancy post.

40 Weeks + 3 Days


Hannes and I just got back from a long walk.  We were trying to kick start this labor thing, but I don't think it's working.  The longer we wait the less real this whole baby thing is becoming.  Maybe I just have to pretend it isn't real so that I can manage still being pregnant.  If you've read any of my previous posts, this has already felt like the longest pregnancy EVER and it just keeps going!  Luckily, I am still able to sleep pretty well.  Baby B has moved into a comfortable position and is no longer putting pressure on my pelvic bones.  I still feel pretty "light" - if that's even possible.  I've been trying to relax and enjoy my time alone...Hannes is working and the kids are still in school.  The Vampire Diaries has been helping me stay distracted, but this morning I finished the fourth season so I will have to find something else.

Today is Sweden's National Day.  We still have some time for the baby to be born today, which could be kind of fun.  If he's born tomorrow his birthday would be 6/7/13 which could also be kind of fun.  The kids are leaving on the 16th to head back to the States for the summer, they'll be gone for 6 weeks. That is another reason I want this baby to come sooner rather than later.  The sooner he gets here the more time they can spend with their brother before leaving.  We also have to drive them to Copenhagen to catch their flight and that will be a lot easier with an older baby and not still pregnant.  If he doesn't come on his own, I have another midwife appointment on the 13th and I will be induced on the 18th (after the kids leave).


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment