Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Growing Like A Weed!


Today, we had Henry's 8 week check up.  Technically, Henry is not 8 weeks old...he is 7 weeks and 3 days old.  But, technically, Henry is in his 8th week of life, and I cannot believe it!  Time is a funny thing.  Sometimes, it moves sooooo slowly - like during the last 8 weeks of my pregnancy - and sometimes it goes sooooo quickly - like during the first 8 weeks of Henry's life.  I'm really trying to hold on to him being a baby because I know how fleeting this time is.  I also know what it's like to have a twelve year old and a ten year old and I am really not ready to do that again, yet!  

Anyway, Henry is growing and growing and growing.  He now weighs 12 pounds and 5 ounces (75th percentile) and is 22 1/2 inches long (50th percentile) and has a head circumference of 15 1/2 inches (80th percentile).  I guess he's going to have a giant head like Tyler!  Sometimes, it definitely looks like his head is the size of half of his body...it is huge!  I guess maybe that's why he's so smart ;) or at least alert.  Or maybe those extra 5 DAYS in the womb helped!  Either way we get comments all the time about how alert he looks.  I guess that when he is awake he does a good time of interacting with his environment.  He LOVES the owl on his play gym and really enjoys just staring at things.  Sometimes, I have no clue what he is looking at, but he's smiling and talking to it anyway.  Here's a picture of him sitting in his swing just staring at the little guys hanging from it.  I don't know exactly what they are, but he seemed to like them for 15 minutes.  Then he started talking to the battery box on the side - such a strange boy!


As I mentioned in my last post, Hannes has gone back to work.  We only have one car so I had to walk with Henry to his appointment today...and it was raining!  Normally, it's a pretty nice 15 minute walk.  We walk down the hill from our house through a path in the woods, across a bridge by the pond and then up the hill to the health center.  Although, in the rain, the walk is much less fun, and I don't own a rain coat or an umbrella!  I know...stupid!!!  I've lived in this cold, rainy country for a year and I still don't have either of those things...but I do talk about buying both on a regular basis.  We just never have and last year I walked to and from work pretty much daily until I was 7 months pregnant.  For a short period of time we had two cars and Hannes and I could each drive to work, but last month we found out the old Nissan was dead and was not allowed to be driven on Swedish roads any longer.  Technically, the car still worked and ran okay, but it didn't pass inspection and the repairs (for rust and other minor things) was more expensive than what the car was worth.  So, Hannes and his Dad got rid of it.  Now we're back to one car and I'm back to walking everywhere.  Luckily, I don't have too many pressing matters to attend to.

Now, here's an interesting fun fact.  When Tyler was about Henry's age we were at the doctor's and she wanted to check that his testicles had descended.  In the process, Tyler peed straight into his eye.  Today, at the doctor's Henry was getting his length measured and peed (not into his eye - he's not as cool as Tyler).  We cleaned it all up and wiped him off and then the doctor realized that she didn't write down his length and I had no clue what it was...I was cleaning pee off of my baby, not paying attention to what she was saying his length was.  So, we went to remeasure him and he peed again!  What is it with my boys?!



Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe he is 8 Weeks already! Such a handsome boy!

    ReplyDelete