Monday, August 5, 2013

Sleep Habits

Guess who slept for 6 hours straight on Saturday night?  Henry did!  It was his first time sleeping more than three hours...except for the ONE time he slept for four hours.  It also hasn't happened again.  Although, last night he did sleep for 4 hours.  So, maybe I'll start getting more than 2-3 hours of sleep at a time!

We've also been trying to be much better about him sleeping in his bed.  For the first 4 weeks of Henry's life he napped in our arms and slept in our bed.  It was just so much easier.  He was eating every 1 1/2-2 hours and would pee all over himself at least 3 times a night.  It was much less hassle to have him right there.  I do think that sleeping with us helped him to figure out how to soothe himself.  He put himself back to sleep after eating and doesn't use a pacifier after he falls asleep.

During the day he usually naps in his bed and has no trouble putting himself to sleep.  At night, however, we have a different story.  It usually takes 30-45 minutes for him to fall asleep in his crib.  We always put him down awake and let him put himself to sleep.  He tries really hard to suck his thumb, but can't quite figure it out.  I have a really cute video of him trying!



So, we often have to put his binky back in and it can be quit the fight because he's always blocking his mouth with his hand.  Once he is asleep he does a great job of sleeping in his bed until he wakes up to eat.

During the night he usually ends up in bed with Hannes and me.  It's my fault.  I am SO lazy with night feedings!  We don't have a rocking chair and I get really tired of trying to sit up on the bed and feed him.  I always feel like I'm dozing off and I'm afraid I'll drop him.  It is so much easier to feed him lying down.  The only problem is I always fall asleep immediately!  I wake up several hours later and Henry is sleeping right next to me and my boob is just hanging out.  I don't feel like putting him back in his bed so I just leave him there.  I have been trying to get better and usually put him back in his bed after his first feeding.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment