Monday, July 29, 2013

Boredom

Hannes went back to work last Friday, and even though it's only been a few days I find myself getting very bored while home alone.  The only places I can go to are places that are close enough to walk to, which leaves me a very limited selection.  There is a grocery store, a small shopping area, the lake and a few other little places.  Not anything too exciting.  And although I can leave the house it is kind of  a pain.  I have to carry the stroller downstairs by myself (while Henry stays in the house) and then I have to go alone and think about feeding schedules.  Most of the time it's easier to just stay at home.  Henry has been doing better with taking naps in his bed so I have time alone during the day...usually just twenty minutes here and there, but still.  I've been looking for things to do.  I just finished a large crochet project - it's a surprise so I can't tell you about it for a few more weeks - and I had a bunch of left over yarn.  I decided to crochet a hat for Henry.  I spent hours looking for a cute animal hat pattern.  I even crocheted two other hats and ripped them apart before I found this pattern.  I sent Hannes this picture to get his opinion.




He gave the thumbs up so I went ahead and made it.  Here's a couple of pictures before it was completely finished.  I think he likes it!







Here's a picture after it was completely finished.  What a smile!!




On a side note:  Hannes and I have been having quite the debate about what Henry will look like when he gets older.  Then I came across this picture on GAP's website.  I almost died!





I love those curly red locks!  After seeing this picture we started talking even more about Henry's hair.  Hannes has curly hair and I have combination hair - some is super curly, some is straight and some is wavy; it's lots of fun!  So, Henry has a chance to have some curly hair.  After seeing this I'm really hoping that he does!


And here's another little gem.  This happened today WHILE Henry was eating.  As in, still attached and actively nursing.  Babies are so much fun :)







Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment