Thursday, July 18, 2013

Denmark

Last weekend we decided to take Baby Henry for a little trip to Denmark.  Hannes' grandparents have a  summer house there and spend April to October in Denmark.  Hannes had vacation from work and soccer so the timing was perfect!  Henry had a great time meeting his gammal farmor and gammal farfar (old father's mother and old father's father - basically his great grandma and great grandpa).  He enjoyed the fresh air and his first time at the ocean.  So, basically he slept the entire trip!  Nonetheless, I think he had a good time.  I know I did!  The weather wasn't the best, but it's always nice to go some place and just relax.  We didn't have internet (for the most part...sometimes we could steal some from the neighbor) and I always enjoy having someone else cook for me AND do the dishes!  You can't beat that!





Henry had his 6 week check up today and our boy is still growing!  It's crazy how quickly they lose that newborn look.  He looks like a full size baby to me now!  He weighed in at nearly 11 pounds 6 ounces and was over 22 inches long.  I can't believe he's already gained 4 pounds!  I feel like one day I will turn around and he'll be walking and talking.  He has already found his voice and loves "talking" to us!  And sometimes to his friends, especially Mr. Owl.  There's nothing better than his smiles and talking in the morning.  It's almost like he's saying, "I love you, Mom.  Good morning."  He is the sweetest!  Everyone once in a while you hear him say things.  Hannes swears he said his name the other night.  I swear he can say hi and owl.







Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment