Saturday, April 13, 2013

Ugly Babies

Yes, they do exist.  I also have no problem pointing them out.  I have been known to say things like:

"Oh my gosh, Hannes, you have to see how ugly this baby is!"

"Why does she keep posting pictures of her baby?  It is not cute!"

"Oh man, I really hope our baby doesn't look like that!"

"What is wrong with that baby's face?"

Sometimes my honesty can be a little too much.  I wonder if I'm just being hypercritical because I'm pregnant and obviously want my baby to be the cutest ever?!  Who knows?  However, as the day of Baby B's arrival gets closer and closer I can't help but think about what he will look like.  Will he have red hair or dark hair?  I had almost black hair when I was born and Emily and Tyler both had very dark hair.  Will he get Hannes' nose or chin or thighs?  Will his eyes be blue or green?  I am so curious!  I'm not really scared that he'll be an ugly baby.  I mean he could be.  What I'm scared of is that he will be an ugly baby, but I'll be in denial and just think he's the cutest thing ever.  And post pictures all over the internet and gush about my baby like he's the cutest thing on the planet all while people make comments like, "Doesn't he look like an alien?"

If he looks better than a crazed dictator plotting to take over the world then I'll be happy!




Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I love that picture... and if he is ugly (which is impossible) you will be in denial and won't have a clue! Don't worry, I'll be in denial, too!

    ReplyDelete