Monday, April 29, 2013

It just keeps growing...



Only 5 weeks left!  I'm kind of hoping it's more like 2.  Any time after week 37 is fine with me!  However, this baby has consistently measured exactly to his due date so I would not be surprised if he showed up exactly on June 3rd.  Which is also okay with me.  Right now, I am planning on working until May 21st and that would give me almost two weeks to get everything settled here and rest before he arrives.  My weight gain has been between 22 and 26 pounds for the last, nearly, seven weeks.  Even though I haven't gained many more pounds between week 28 and now it seems pretty obvious that my belly hasn't stopped growing, and growing, and growing.  Sometimes, mostly when I'm laying down and not trying to roll over, I forget that I'm pregnant.  For a moment, it almost feels like I have my body back and I can breathe and move and there aren't little feet prodding my ribs.  Then, of course - like all dreams do, it comes to an abrupt end.  I have to pee, I get a swift kick in the ribs, or a punch to the cervix, or heaven forbid I have to switch sides and roll over!  Then I feel pregnant - really pregnant - almost like a big, fat, beached whale!  I have to say the last three weeks have not been much fun.  The pregnancy waddle is in full swing, the constant peeing keeps me up all night and there's just no way to be comfortable.  I am definitely ready to have my body back!  Plus, it will be excited to FINALLY get to see what this little guy looks like!  I can't decide if he'll have red hair or not, or Hannes' nose or what color eyes he'll have.  I'm just ready...


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment