Thursday, August 8, 2013

Someone Is Two Months Old!

These two months have flown by! Sometimes when I look at my baby I can't believe how much he has changed.  He only resembles his newborn self now.  Next thing I know he'll be crawling!   I am trying really hard to enjoy this time with him and savor every moment.  He is such a sweet, good baby.  He makes me want to have many more!









What Henry is doing these days:
Henry loves his hands!  He is always trying to get them in his mouth.  Sometimes, he misses and sometimes he gets his hand in there on the first try!  Even if he manages to get his fingers in his mouth they don't stay there for long.  I guess he has to keep practicing.  He has also just discovered that he has toes and likes to stare at them.  He can't quite figure out how to touch them or work them.  He is also going bald!  He kind of resembles a monk and I kind of love it.


























I am curious to see what he is going to look like when his bright orange hair comes in for real.  I hope he has good looking hair and not the crazy, curly, coarse, thick stuff that Hannes has.  He has a cowlick right on the front of his hairline and I can't wait to see what it does when his hair is longer.

Henry has started sleeping longer during the night, sometimes.  We had one night where he slept 6 hours and another where he slept 4 hours.  I'm hoping that this becomes a more regular occurrence!  We shall see...

Henry has found his voice and he loves to talk!  I have already posted several videos.  I swear that sometimes he is saying real words...like hi, owl, ma, ugly.  The best is in the morning when he first wakes up and sees me.  He has giant smiles and he squeals and talks and talks.  It's like he's so happy to see me.  I love it!  He's also figured out how to scream.  So, it's often hard to tell if he's happy or sad.  He also thinks it's hilarious to cough.  He fake coughs all the time and then smiles afterwards.  Like he's so proud of how funny he is.

He is always kicking his legs and waving his arms around.  He does not like to be still when he's awake.  I wonder if he'll be such an active toddler?  I kind of hope not.  I need one calm boy, I already have a wild one!


What Mommy is doing these days:
I find that I am more tired these days than I was when Henry was a newborn.  I don't think it has anything to do with his sleep schedule because that hasn't changed much.  I find that I am having a harder time falling asleep and staying asleep at night.  Maybe it's because I don't do much during the day so I'm not really tiring myself out.  I have tried to spend more time outside and walking.  Earlier this week we went to the lake and Henry and I hung out under a tree.  It was a little chilly in the shade.



I still have those ten pounds to lose.  I read somewhere that breastfeeding Moms tend to lose weight between months 3 and 6.  I hope so!  I finally had to give in and order a couple pairs of pants in a size larger.  Every once in a while I need to leave the house and not look homeless.  Which is my normal, every day look.




I do look a bit better than this sometimes, but not often.  I usually don't wear Henry around the house, but occassionaly, when I need both of my hands I will.  This Solly Baby Wrap, that you can purchase online here (they are sold out right now, but they are coming back soon!) are amazing!  They are lightweight and easy to use and are amazing at calming fussy babies.  Henry is pretty much asleep by the time I finish putting him in there!


Other News:
Emily and Tyler have returned from their 7 week summer vacation to the States!  I think Henry is still getting used to the extra noise in the house...especially from Tyler.  Tyler also has a mild obsession with Henry and loves to hold him and talk to him.  It's really very sweet, but maybe a little overwhelming, at times.  Henry's a good sport though.




Some other cute pictures of Henry:







Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment