Sunday, May 12, 2013

DIY Mobile

A few months ago I was perusing Pinterest and stumbled across the most adorable cloud mobiles.  I really wanted to try and make something for Baby B and I figured why not try this!

Here are some of my inspiration photos:




However, I do not have a sewing machine, a needle, thread or any suitable fabric.  That's when I decided to get creative.  I found this awesome pattern for crocheted clouds.  The pattern is really easy to follow, the hardest part is counting to 25.  That doesn't seem hard, but when you have a house full of people who love to talk to you and ask you questions and you have to take a thousand bathroom breaks and halfway through the grey cloud you decide you need to walk to the store to buy peanut M & M's, it can be a little difficult!  The pattern was for the smaller clouds, but after making a few of them I knew I really wanted a larger one.  Although, the pattern is easy, it's just simple counting - if you follow the counting you will be fine, just forget about rows! - I had no idea how it worked or how to size it to make a bigger cloud.  That's when I figured out how to get a bigger cloud...more yarn and a bigger hook!  I just took two strands of yarn, one white and one grey, and instead of using a 5mm hook I used an 8mm hook...voila!  A bigger cloud!  I really like the larger one and think that it works well with the mobile.



I still want to add raindrops or something, but I am not quite sure if I want to try to crochet little raindrops or if I want to use fabric.  I am also not sure how I am going to hang it.  I guess I have a few weeks to figure out those details.



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment