Thursday, May 23, 2013

Baby Gifts

I have officially been on maternity leave for two days and I am already bored.  I really need to find some things to do to keep me busy!  A co-worker of mine recently had a baby girl, Olivia.  We had a joint work baby shower a few weeks ago, but since it was a surprise I didn't have a chance to get her a present.  I decided that I would crochet baby Olivia a hat.  I found this super cute pattern on Pinterest.



I had some yellow yarn lying around so I went ahead and used that.  It was a very quick and easy pattern.  So, I decided to make another one.  I found some pink yarn, but I ran out so I added some light blueish yarn to the bottom of the next hat.  I was still bored so I decided to try out yet another pattern, this pattern that I also found on Pinterest.



I decided that instead of adding the giant pom to the top of the hat that I would make a flower, an idea I also got from Pinterest.  Are you sensing a trend here?  So, I whipped a fabric flower and stitched it onto the front of the hat.  I hope Evelin and Olivia like hats!




It is so much easier to find/make cute little girl things.  It kind of makes me want a girl even more!  Oh, well....maybe next time :)


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment