Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Random Thoughts

This morning my alarm went off in the middle of a dream, a dream only a mother could have.  The kids and I were hanging out in a coffee shop (more specifically, the coffee a shop an old high school classmate is opening in St. Louis) when Henry had a massive poop.  It was very graphic in my dream...I'll spare you the details.  As I was in the process of cleaning up this mess my alarm went off.  I woke up thinking, "What the heck!  Really?  That's what I get to dream about now?!"  I deal with this in real life on a weekly basis, if not more, and now I get to dream about it too!

I've also noticed lately that the more kids you have the more you hone your ability to tune things out.  Hannes is definitely not at the same place that I am with this.  He often gets annoyed by things I cannot even hear.  Some days everyone will be home and there will be noise and stuff going on and then twenty minutes later I realize I don't hear anything.  Everyone is gone and I have a very faint memory that someone may have spoken to me about this, but I'm not really sure.

I think a lot about living in Sweden.  Some days the distance from my family feels like nothing.  I go about my every day life and the days, weeks, months just pass by and I don't really think about how far away we live.  I enjoy my life here.  I mean teachers are only allowed to teach 18 hours a week!  That's a breeze!  I was teaching 25 hours a week.  But then other days I have these nearly debilitating attacks about just how far away I actually am.  I wish I could just put a crinkle in the map and move Sweden closer to the US.


This is what happens when Daddy changes Henry's diaper:




Here are some of the results of a fantastic photo shoot Tyler did:






And finally, a video of Henry's adorable laugh:







Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. He's getting so big!! I am so excited to see him, I can't even handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He can't even handle it either! The other day I was telling him about all of the people he was going to meet when we were in the States and every time I said someone's name he would laugh! It was soooo adorable! I think he's pretty excited and I know I am!!!

    ReplyDelete